The College of Bishops has announced, following the advice of the Scottish Government, that public church services are to cease immediately and until further notice. Included within this are any small house groups or other associated church meetings (which will include our other groups such as craft club and the services in Lord Hay’s Court). St Ninian’s will be following this advice, and will therefore not be holding a service from this Sunday (22nd March 2020) until further notice. This is step we are saddened to take, but the most important thing is the health and wellbeing of our whole congregation and their loved ones.
There are plans in progress to share worship in an online setting, we will let you know more details of this when we have them. The College of Bishops has stated that the church can be open for prayer, if this of interest please let the Vestry know and we will talk about arrangements to have the building open on Sunday mornings.
At this time it is important for us all to look out for each other and those around us. If we can be there to support each other and help each other through this strange time, then we will be continuing precisely the kind, loving and caring atmosphere that is so much a part of our community at St Ninian’s.
September is looking to be a busy month at St Ninian’s! Everyone is welcome to join us for any of the services or events listed below over the course of the month:
- Sunday 1st Sept: 10:00, full Holy Communion service
- Sunday 8th Sept: 10:00 Taizé style service with Holy Communion
- Sunday 15th Sept: 10:00 full Holy Communion led by Bishop Anne for St Ninian’s Day. The congregation of St Clement’s will be joining St Ninian’s on this day., and Bishop Anne will formally licence people (from both congregations) for their lay ministry roles at this service. Everyone is welcome to join us for a bring and share lunch after.
- Sunday 15th: 7.30 pm Talk titled ‘Immersed in Creation’ by the eco-congregation chaplain, David Coleman, followed by time for questions and discussion. We shall finish with a short service of said Compline.
- Saturday 21st Sept: 14:00 BBQ at St Clement’s for everyone from the congregations of St Clement’s and St Ninian’s as a farewell to Nick event. Will be bring and share.
- Sunday 22nd Sept: 10:00 All age service with Holy Communion (Nick’s last service at St Ninian’s.).
- Sunday 29th: 10:30 Service of the Word led by Léon.
The time of the weekly Sunday service has changed to start at 10am. Over the summer months a shorter service of Holy Communion will be held, with full services resuming in September.
On the 2nd of September we are having a ‘Congregational Conversation’ in place of our usual service. This is a chance for the congregation as a whole to talk about topics effecting us as a church, including our future as we prepare to welcome a new Priest.
We will have a short communion service starting at 10:30am followed by 2 conversation sessions, separated by lunch, and will be finished by 3pm. Please bring your own packed lunch with you.
Everyone is welcome to the service, including visitors and people joining us for the first time, and you are invited to stay for more of the day if you would like.