Welcome to St Ninian’s Church, 696 King Street, Aberdeen, AB24 1SJ (Find Us Map). We’re an Episcopalian (Anglican) Church based in Seaton in Aberdeen, we’re the closest church to the University Hillhead Halls of residence and have a congregation of small children, students and older adults.
We’d love to see you at a Sunday Service at 10am (more info).
September is looking to be a busy month at St Ninian’s! Everyone is welcome to join us for any of the services or events listed below over the course of the month:
- Sunday 1st Sept: 10:00, full Holy Communion service
- Sunday 8th Sept: 10:00 Taizé style service with Holy Communion
- Sunday 15th Sept: 10:00 full Holy Communion led by Bishop Anne for St Ninian’s Day. The congregation of St Clement’s will be joining St Ninian’s on this day., and Bishop Anne will formally licence people (from both congregations) for their lay ministry roles at this service. Everyone is welcome to join us for a bring and share lunch after.
- Sunday 15th: 7.30 pm Talk titled ‘Immersed in Creation’ by the eco-congregation chaplain, David Coleman, followed by time for questions and discussion. We shall finish with a short service of said Compline.
- Saturday 21st Sept: 14:00 BBQ at St Clement’s for everyone from the congregations of St Clement’s and St Ninian’s as a farewell to Nick event. Will be bring and share.
- Sunday 22nd Sept: 10:00 All age service with Holy Communion (Nick’s last service at St Ninian’s.).
- Sunday 29th: 10:30 Service of the Word led by Léon.
The time of the weekly Sunday service has changed to start at 10am. Over the summer months a shorter service of Holy Communion will be held, with full services resuming in September.
On the 2nd of September we are having a ‘Congregational Conversation’ in place of our usual service. This is a chance for the congregation as a whole to talk about topics effecting us as a church, including our future as we prepare to welcome a new Priest.
We will have a short communion service starting at 10:30am followed by 2 conversation sessions, separated by lunch, and will be finished by 3pm. Please bring your own packed lunch with you.
Everyone is welcome to the service, including visitors and people joining us for the first time, and you are invited to stay for more of the day if you would like.
We welcome new students arriving in Aberdeen to our regular Sunday services at 10.30am. We have a community of young adults living and growing in their social lives, as well as their Christian lives. Students, graduates and others are all welcome to join our social events and meet ups. Click for more info about St. Ninian’s YAG