- We are starting a St Ninian’s coffee and chat on Zoom each Sunday as an opportunity for us to talk and support each other as a congregation. These will be at 12 noon on Sundays from 27th December and throughout January. The details of how to join have been emailed, or feel free to email or message the facebook page if you need the link.
- Weekly online services: From the Scottish Episcopal Church across Scotland every Sunday at 11am: www.scotland.anglican.org/broadcast-sunday-worship
- From the Diocese of Aberdeen and Orkney every Sunday at 10am: www.facebook.com/dioceseofaberdeenandorkney
Welcome to St Ninian’s Church, 696 King Street, Aberdeen, AB24 1SJ (Find Us Map). We’re an Episcopalian (Anglican) Church based in Seaton in Aberdeen, we’re the closest church to the University Hillhead Halls of residence and have a congregation of small children, students and older adults.
We’d love to see you at a Sunday Service at 10:30am (more info).
We are delighted to welcome you back to in-person services of Holy Communion at St Ninian’s. Everyone is welcome to our services being held at 10:30am every other week on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month (and 5th Sunday where there is one). Upcoming services are:
29th Nov – First Sunday of Advent (Service of the Word)
13th Dec – Third Sunday of Advent (Eucharist lead by Rev Kate)
25th Dec – Christmas Day Service lead by Rev Kate
27th Dec – TBC
We are delighted to welcome you back to in-person services of Holy Communion at St Ninian’s. Everyone is welcome, whether you are a familiar face or are new to Aberdeen it will be wonderful to see you. We will be having services at 10:30am every other week on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month. Upcoming services are:
26th September- St Ninian’s Day
The Diocese has made a video explaining new social distancing and hygiene measures you can expect to see in churches which can be viewed here.
September is looking to be a busy month at St Ninian’s! Everyone is welcome to join us for any of the services or events listed below over the course of the month:
- Sunday 1st Sept: 10:00, full Holy Communion service
- Sunday 8th Sept: 10:00 Taizé style service with Holy Communion
- Sunday 15th Sept: 10:00 full Holy Communion led by Bishop Anne for St Ninian’s Day. The congregation of St Clement’s will be joining St Ninian’s on this day., and Bishop Anne will formally licence people (from both congregations) for their lay ministry roles at this service. Everyone is welcome to join us for a bring and share lunch after.
- Sunday 15th: 7.30 pm Talk titled ‘Immersed in Creation’ by the eco-congregation chaplain, David Coleman, followed by time for questions and discussion. We shall finish with a short service of said Compline.
- Saturday 21st Sept: 14:00 BBQ at St Clement’s for everyone from the congregations of St Clement’s and St Ninian’s as a farewell to Nick event. Will be bring and share.
- Sunday 22nd Sept: 10:00 All age service with Holy Communion (Nick’s last service at St Ninian’s.).
- Sunday 29th: 10:30 Service of the Word led by Léon.
The time of the weekly Sunday service has changed to start at 10am. Over the summer months a shorter service of Holy Communion will be held, with full services resuming in September.
On the 2nd of September we are having a ‘Congregational Conversation’ in place of our usual service. This is a chance for the congregation as a whole to talk about topics effecting us as a church, including our future as we prepare to welcome a new Priest.
We will have a short communion service starting at 10:30am followed by 2 conversation sessions, separated by lunch, and will be finished by 3pm. Please bring your own packed lunch with you.
Everyone is welcome to the service, including visitors and people joining us for the first time, and you are invited to stay for more of the day if you would like.
We welcome new students arriving in Aberdeen to our regular Sunday services at 10.30am. We have a community of young adults living and growing in their social lives, as well as their Christian lives. Students, graduates and others are all welcome to join our social events and meet ups. Click for more info about St. Ninian’s YAG
- FINDING SPACE………it’s an unexpected oasis of quiet after the noise of busy traffic on King Street; come in on a Sunday morning from just after 10am and see for yourself. You can sit wherever you want – we have comfy chairs, no hard pews here.
- FINDING EACH OTHER………there’s always someone to say hello; we welcome everybody – babies, the elderly and everybody in between; we get to know each other because we are a small and diverse family congregation.
- FINDING OURSELVES………time to think, to listen, perhaps to pray, to ask questions, or just to be….and to enjoy a good cup of coffee or tea
- FINDING GOD………through our singing, our prayers, through hearing the story of God from the Bible and finding our place in that story now, through our sharing of bread and wine as tokens of God’s love for each one of us.
- FINDING PURPOSE………we go out to share God’s love asking God to be with us and show us what God might be calling us to do with our lives.