The time of the weekly Sunday service has changed to start at 10am. Over the summer months a shorter service of Holy Communion will be held, with full services resuming in September.
Welcome to St Ninian’s Church, 696 King Street, Aberdeen, AB24 1SJ (Find Us Map). We’re an Episcopalian (Anglican) Church based in Seaton in Aberdeen, we’re the closest church to the University Hillhead Halls of residence and have a congregation of small children, students and older adults.
We’d love to see you at a Sunday Service – usually a Communion at 9:30am (more info).
On the 2nd of September we are having a ‘Congregational Conversation’ in place of our usual service. This is a chance for the congregation as a whole to talk about topics effecting us as a church, including our future as we prepare to welcome a new Priest.
We will have a short communion service starting at 10:30am followed by 2 conversation sessions, separated by lunch, and will be finished by 3pm. Please bring your own packed lunch with you.
Everyone is welcome to the service, including visitors and people joining us for the first time, and you are invited to stay for more of the day if you would like.
We welcome new students arriving in Aberdeen to our regular Sunday services at 10.30am. We have a community of young adults living and growing in their social lives, as well as their Christian lives. Students, graduates and others are all welcome to join our social events and meet ups. Click for more info about St. Ninian’s YAG
- FINDING SPACE………it’s an unexpected oasis of quiet after the noise of busy traffic on King Street; come in on a Sunday morning from just after 10am and see for yourself. You can sit wherever you want – we have comfy chairs, no hard pews here.
- FINDING EACH OTHER………there’s always someone to say hello; we welcome everybody – babies, the elderly and everybody in between; we get to know each other because we are a small and diverse family congregation.
- FINDING OURSELVES………time to think, to listen, perhaps to pray, to ask questions, or just to be….and to enjoy a good cup of coffee or tea
- FINDING GOD………through our singing, our prayers, through hearing the story of God from the Bible and finding our place in that story now, through our sharing of bread and wine as tokens of God’s love for each one of us.
- FINDING PURPOSE………we go out to share God’s love asking God to be with us and show us what God might be calling us to do with our lives.